propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

In final letter from my solicitors second paragraph reads

Customer Question

In final letter from my solicitors second paragraph reads 'Please note however, that should new evidence come to light, the police may charge you with this matter. For now no further action will be taken against you.' There was no evidence in the first place. I was arrested on one persons accusation, their word against mine. Were the police correct in arresting me almost a year ago, with no witnesses and no evidence? I could produce witnesses to show how spurious this accusation was. Do I have grounds for complaint against solicitors inferring there was evidence, considering paragraph above, when the police have not at any time referred to evidence.
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

From an impartial position the solicitor has not inferred that there is evidence, they have merely stated that you may be charged if the police to find any evidence.

Who is the solicitor acting for, you or cps?

You may have a complaint against the police for wrongful arrest, if you have evidence to back it up.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can only disagree concerning solicitors letter. Should I then live in fear for the rest of my life. A punishment. I can only let this go. For hopeful, peace of mind.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The solicitor was acting for me. Thank you, ***** ***** no further advice.

From an objective point of view you have been told that you are not being charged due to lack of evidence but could be if further evidence is discovered.

You know what you have or have not done. The solicitor does not know with absolute certainty your actions and whether new evidence may be discovered. the solicitor is merely putting you on notice.

You have said that you did not commit any offence but only you know that with absolute certainty.

Now if you think, this letter or the solicitor's actions constitute a breach of the solicitors' code of conduct then you can call the legal services ombudsman and/or the Solicitors Regulation Authority.

What is your complaint exactly?