29905560

If a theft occurs within the first two years of employment

If a theft occurs within the first two years of employment am I within my rights to instantly dismiss?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Is there evidence that the person was guilty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's all on video
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Then yes you may do so - the employee is not protected against unfair dismissal so cannot challenge it. I still suggest you take them through a formal disciplinary so they have the chance to defend themselves but if it is clear evidence of what happened then you can treat this as gross misconduct and dismiss without notice. They are still entitled to be paid for all time work up to dismissal and any accrued holidays.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you