75100385

I have poi reclaim question. 5 years ago a solicitor claimed

I have poi reclaim question. 5 years ago a solicitor claimed back some ppi money for me to which I paid their fee in full. More recently a claims company made a further poi reclaim for me. The bank who the claim was against has paid the solicitor from 5 years ago & not the claims company. My problem is both companies want a fee for making my claim. Could you please advise me on where I stand.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I don't quite understand, the solicitor has been paid twice in effect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The claim is a new claim made by the claims company & not the solicitor. Unfortunately when speaking to the bank I only gave verbal instruction to pay the claims company & not written.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand that - but is the Solicitor also being paid (or asking for payment) for this new work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They had no part in claiming the money back on this claim. They have cashed the full amount of the claim & not even sent a cheque for the rest of the payment of the claim after taking out what they believe falsely is their cut.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Right, so they have failed to pay you, is that right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I see. You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.