Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

In southern Ireland my mother made a will, I have been told

In southern Ireland my mother made a will , I have been told my name is ***** ***** the will, am I entitled to a reading of my moms will as my brother will not give me no information.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 11 months ago.

1. Dear *****, I regret to say that there is no automatic entitlement to a reading of the will in the Republic of Ireland. Any reading of the will is in the discretion of the executor. Whilst it is always traditional that a will be read before all the members of the family, there is no legal provision which requires that this happens. Under the law, it is only the residuary legatee who is automatically entitled to a copy of the will. I regret to say that if your name is ***** ***** the will, you will have to wait until the will gets admitted to probate and then you will be able to get a copy of it. This is because once a will is admitted to probate, it then becomes a public document and any one can inspect it and get a copy from the Probate Office in Aras Ui Dhalaigh in the Four courts complex.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.