F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE IN THE CLUB TREASURER OF HAS

Customer Question

A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE IN THE CLUB I AM THE TREASURER OF HAS ALLEGED THAT I RECEIVED AN ADDITIONAL £5000.00 PAYMENT IN MY HAND FOR THE YEARLY HONORARIA BUT IN FACT THIS IS DUE TO ADDITIONAL TAX AND N.I.C. CONTRIBUTIONS I HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THIS TO HIM HOWEVER HE HAS STATED THIS IN FRONT OF A FULL COMMITTEE MEETING LEAVING THE MEMBERSHIP WITH DOUBT IN THEIR MINDS AND ALSO MY CREDIBILITY IS AT STAKE.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Their was no such additional payment to me, the £5,000.00 was incurred because of the amount that I did receive being grossed up and due to being over the 20% tax threshhold I incurred 40% tax plus additional N. I. Contributions. The payment I received in my hand was £5,800.00 what he is alleging is that I got a further £5000.00.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid. It does not cost you anything but helps us greatly.

Best wishes.

FES