Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've been divorced for several (approx 9) years and with the

Hello! I've been divorced for several (approx 9) years and with the divorce settlement was given a monthly maintenance allowance from my ex husband. I'm now 68 and retired. For the last 5 months I have not received the monthly maintenance. I have emailed him requesting the maintenance but so far I have not received anything nor a particular reason or explanation. What are my legal rights, if any? Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. So long as there have been no trigger events or a time limit reached as stated in the order, you will be able to apply to court to enforce the periodical payments. You should keep track of all the missed payments as arrears will start to build for your ex-husband which he will need to settle.

In order to apply to enforce the order and seek the arrears you will need to make an application to your local family court using form D11 and a £155 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.