12826847

I have been on sick leave for the past 4 weeks. My GP signed

Customer Question

I have been on sick leave for the past 4 weeks. My GP signed me on the sick because of arthritis in my knees but I have also been suffering from stress at work. I work nights in a care home which has a very low rating from the CQC for being understaffed. I also have a history of depression. He recommended that I left my place of employment because I assume he knows of their poor reputation from what he said to me. Anyway, I applied for another job before I was signed on the sick and I have been offered it, but I need a reference from my present employer and, as has been the case with colleagues in the past, they are being difficult about it. Is there anything I can do about this, and by law, am I able to get a reference from another source ie another past employer?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello when you say they are being difficult are they simply refusing to issue one?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - when you say they are being difficult are they simply refusing to issue one?