13262538

My son is 27 years old uk permanent resident with Pakistani

My son is 27 years old uk permanent resident with Pakistani passport . He is marrying czeck national girl . He has 4 joint properties with me BTL .How can we protect the properties. ?
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Where will they live after the marriage and when is the wedding?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
They will live in Germany but get married in London will get married sometimes in September date not fixed thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Will they live permanently in Germany?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more a phone call?

So dar as the Uk is concerned the only way of protecting these assets is for the re to be a pre-Nuptial agreement in which his wife confirms she will make no claim on these properties in the future.

Such an agreement has to be signed at least 28 days prior to the wedding, after full financial disclosure and independent legal advice having been given to the bride.

Even then the family court has the power to ignore it if they consider it fairer to do so

My concern is that if the divorce happens in German then it is German divorce law which will apply to any settlement.

However German law does allow for enforceable pre-nuptial agreements so it may be worth having the agreement drawn up there

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details