75100385

I used a local estate agents to sell my property, after

I used a local estate agents to sell my property, after signing the contract given for £2000 pound a couple of days later they advertised online that if you listed your house with them that month you would receive a £500 discount, for more information please ring the number provided. we rang them and explained we were on our cooling of period still and will to retract but would they let us receive the discount. They agreed and said the discount would be deducted at time of sale i.e. when we pay. (at this point we commented on the advert online to say we would be happy to see this discount on the completion of the sale. However after sale they did not honour the offer and continued to charge me £2000 an because I only paid him the £1500 he has sent a bailiffs firm around, do I have grounds to attest this or am I legally obligated to pay the total balance?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When you say sent the bailiffs, did you get a court claim form prior to that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am currently in work, No it is a debt collection agency from town. I have had nothing to do with courts, just a letting saying I owe the agent £600 and I must contact them to prevent further costs incurring. (the actual difference is £500)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
letter not Letting sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The company is called "Astor Civil Enforcement"
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

So no bailiffs have turned up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet I meant a letter from the bailiffs, I just read on there website that they send a 7 day let (which was received at my in-laws address) followed by a phone call and then a collection agent, but basically saying further costs will be incurred.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok then don't worry, they can't send in bailiffs without a. Out judgment.

I wouldn't send any payment based upon the agreement you said.

These people are just debt collectors, nothing more. They have no legal powers whatsoever.

Therefore I would write back and say nothing else is owed.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it was to go to court with the advert showing the discount, can a verbal agreement be used? as per the attachment I sent you my wife commented after the conversation on the post yet they did not discount the claim then?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

yes you can. I probably don't need to see the discussion but he agreed the reduction he would have to show it was not agreed.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex