75100385

I am a taxi driver and three years ago received a police

I am a taxi driver and three years ago received a police caution for battery under extreme circumstances, a family matter,I was told by the police that it is not a conviction and I do not have a criminal record, it is my only offence.i have just completed my enhanced crb and it has come up on it,the council are now considering revoking my license as they say I have a conviction, I don't,I have a caution which has been three years ago.
Is this legal for them to revoke my license?
Shaun
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Shaun my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume you mean DBS check?

Did you accept the offence to receive a caution?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did except under the understanding that it is not a criminal record, I have been charged with no offence and that is just a caution
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

i realise that however a DBS enchanced check shows up all convictions whether spent or not and cautions. Therefore it I'll show up for 6 years from date of caution.

In order to accept a caution you must have accepted an offence, I assume you did this.

Therefore this means that by accepting the offence it shows up for six years on the DBS check.

Sadly cautions being accepted can't be conditional upon anything.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank-you for your help
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry it's not better news, I really am.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex