Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Is it possible to trace an old mortgage of mine so I can my

Hi is it possible to trace an old mortgage of mine so I can my ownership. This would have been taken out in 1988 I hope you can help me with this, thankyou. My name is Laura
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Just so I can help fully, can I just clarify that you are wanting to know the name of your old Mortgage lender? Is there any money outstanding on the Mortgage?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no moneys outstanding, someone is claiming to have bought the property for myself and my husband and i would like the proof that they haven't.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your reply. If you are happy to provide the address of the property, I can do a search at the Land Registry for you- it will cost me £3, but happy to fund that myself, provided you are happy to rate my answer, once I have provided the information to you?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the address was
3 Maine Crescent Rayleigh Essex
SS6 9DG

Hi Laura,

I have now done my research, and can confirm that number is ***** is owned by Genesis Housing Association and has been since 2011.

There is a Mortgage over the property, which was taken out by Genesis.

Does this make sense?

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not really, who owns it now is not the issue i just need written proof that in 1988 i was resident and the mortgage was in the name of myself and my husband.

Afraid I am unable to obtain historic copies of the Deeds from the Land Registry. However, you can apply yourself to the Land Registry using Form HC1. I attach a link- https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/449269/HC1.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/inspection-and-application-for-official-copies/practice-guide-11-inspection-and-application-for-official-copies

If you have any queries, after you have read the above, you can speak to the Land Registry- they are very helpful.The Land Registry Title Number for number 3,which you will need to quote is EX288467.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Al