12826847

I was awarded costs against a claimant for £100 in small

Customer Question

I was awarded costs against a claimant for £100 in small claims court when his vindictive claim failed. His refusing to pay. I know I can seek an order to have him questioned by the court and then recover the money from his bank or instruct bailiffs. But all this will cost me time and I want to know if I can now charge for that time and add it to the costs award by the magistrate?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago were you awarded the costs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the court gave him (company t/a) 14 days to pay which expired two weeks ago
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all