12826847

I received advice yesterday. At the time of contacting you I

Customer Question

i received advice yesterday. At the time of contacting you I did say I was resident in Scotland
Why then was I connected to someone who was in England and while his advice was good my Solicitor in Scotland has informed me the law is different here
So basically I paid for advice which was not relevant
I look forward to your reply
Maggie Ritchie
Expert:  F E Smith replied 12 months ago.

Your previous question was posted in the laws of England & Wales.

I dealt with your question yesterday and we spoke. The Consumer Credit Act 1974 applies to England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Hence, you are entitled to a copy of the agreements before they can enforce them.

With regard to the Time Limit, I apologise that the difference in limitation for a contract is 5 years in Scotland. Not 6 that it is in England.That actually makes it better for you though.

Although the is very often different in Scotland, what exactly is it that your solicitor is saying is totally different about this?

Would you like me to call again? There will be no charge.