75100385

I have found a ccj against me from 2013 that has only just

I have found a ccj against me from 2013 that has only just been applied to me. In Jan 2015. No comunication with the solicitors prior to this and i have made all the contact. Since finding this. I moved address in august 2013 . They are unwilling to help and keep telling me to seek legal advice.
Please can some one help
***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tim my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex.
I switched energy suplier to co-op energy on the 1-1-2013. I moved out of property on 18-2-2013. We never recived a first or final bill untill may of 2013. This bill was over 500 pounds. For 6 weeks.....
I am trying to remortgage and noticed a ccj on my credit file. Thats when i started looking into this. I have a final bill from the dated 16-5-2013 which states 296. Now i have paid 150pounds since then but still their solicitors say i owe 400 pounds and i have a ccj... i want this resolved cleared and removed or set aside so i can sort the remortgage out to provide for my familly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd rarther deal via mail at thi stage.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Just to clarify the Claimant Solicitors wont provide any information including the claim form?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have just sent an email with the statement and details of what i paid and when
They are saying that i cannot quiery the bill as it has been over 12 months. The new bill was £430 ish for 6 weeks energy. Seem a little high
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Well that is not correct. What you need to do is ask them for a copy of the claim form and particulars.

You can see what is then being claimed. If you have a defence to that claim then you can apply to set the CCJ aside.

You would need to complete form N244:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n244-eng.pdf

The matter would then be listed for a hearing and a Judge will decide whether to have a realistic defence and whether you acted promptly from the time you knew about the CCJ
But this is what you need to do to apply to set it aside, otherwise you need to pay it.