75100385

Someone has made a falstatement about me to another

Someone has made a falstatement about me to another residential this person is a care worker where we live I've reported it to the court management , the resident has made a statement to this afect l would like to know what my rights our
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pay £50 already for a answer why are you asking for another £40 when haven't had a answer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Some people prefer a telephone call.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To know if I have the right to sue for slander and if I be reimbursed for out lay
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Slander is a High Court procedure and you wont get legal aid for this.

You will need to show that you have suffered serious harm as a result to even get the ball rolling.

If the matter is contested then it will cost around £30,000 or so to get to trial in the High Court as these are specialist proceedings. You may get things on a no win no fee matter.

However I should warn you if you do lose for whatever reason then you would not only be liable for your own but the other sides legal costs.

Generally when recovering costs you only usually get about 75% as not all the amount get awarded on detailed assessment of costs.

The law recently changed with the Defamation Act 2013, this has made it harder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a written statement from the resident who the carer slander me to and witnesses to state that have never call or insulted any carer as he has stated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you may have a case if you can show you have suffered serious harm - this is a key requirement.

Can I clarify anything for you about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suffer depression and this has put me back in the dark hole that I was in a few months ago when I try to take my own life.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. If you have a been to your GP about it or have a psychiatric report assessment that would help your case.

Does that help? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been to the GP I had to go to the hospital as for the amount of tablets I tuck a few months ago I had to back to the GP today 02.08.2016 and she has had to up my depression tablets
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then you may have a claim. You wont get legal aid as I have said, but you may find someone to take it on no win no fee.

Can I clarify anything else for you about this? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks bye
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex