13262538

IF THE REGISTRAR AT THE PROBATE OFFICE HAS REJECTED PART OF

IF THE REGISTRAR AT THE PROBATE OFFICE HAS REJECTED PART OF MY FATHERS WILL BECAUSE HE ALTERED IT AND THE WITNESSES HAVE DIED THEY SAY THE ALTERATIONS ARE NOT VALID CAN WE CONTEST THE PROBATE OFFICE DECISION
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Just to confirm - they are rejecting the alterations but will accept the Will itself.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They have accepted the first 2 paragraphs and rejected the rest because the ink is different and the witnesses can not verified the additional writing
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What do the alterations do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my father left all the estate and monies to his 4 children but my brother died last year and the will says no other persons than mention in the will have any part of the estate or any items of contents as my brother has a daughter she now inherits a quqter share of all the estate in stead of my brothers share going to intestacy law which meant we would have a 1/4 of the 1/4 share
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What is the exact wording that is rejected?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it mentions various items of contents to his children and grandchildren and the paragraph no other persons than mentioned in will to have any part of the estate
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

And this granddaughter is not mentioned at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she has been given jewerley and b g shares if you have a settlement between members of the family involved do you need a signed agreement drawn up
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Will the grand daughter agree to honour the changes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
she will
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if we cannot alter the registrars decision
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Then you can deal with the matter using a Deed of Variation signed by all the beneficiaries and the Executors "altering" the Will after probate has been granted

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details