Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a brother that had been given a family court order

I have a brother that had been given a family court order for tomorrow. He has less than 24 hrs to digest the allegations. What options are available to him as he hasn't appointed a solicitor yet?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks or your question. Please confirm who pursued the application and what the application is for?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
His partner.
The application splits into 3 areas. 1) harmful domestic violence. 2) prohibition / occupation of property 3) visiting rights for the children
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Given that there application deals with domestic violence hours partner likely had grounds to pursue an urgent application. In there's circumstances most respondents will unlikely have legal representation is served with the application so late but he should still attend and see if there court has a duty solicitor to represent him. In any event the court will unlikely make any substantive decisions without formal evidence and it is likely directions for this will be made tomorrow.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.