75100385

Someone has written a defamatory review on my Google My

Someone has written a defamatory review on my Google My Business page and is refusing to take it down. I run an independent consultancy and these falsehoods can be seriously damaging to my reputation and that of my business. Any advice on suitable next steps is much appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you know WHO has written it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do - it is a now former client of mine. I have responded to the review on Google as well...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you need to write direct to that person and ask them to remove it within 14 days or say you will go to Court and seek an injunction.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings. You would need to complete form N1:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

And N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n016a-eng.pdf

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order requiring them to remove it.

If they then refuse this could be contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be best to come from a solicitors letter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You can but clearly there is a cost to this which may not necessarily be recoverable

I would suggest doing the letter yourself and then if no joy getting one from a Solicitor.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does indeed. Any advice on how to word the letter?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Just say that its untrue and either its removed or you will seek a Court order and the costs of that against them.

That's it really in a nutshell!
Does that clarify? Alex