75100385

We agreed to purchase services from eze group.com. The

We agreed to purchase services from eze group.com. The members website is unavailable and the contact email address is unavailable. We paid £500 deposit and should have paid balance on Sunday. The contract and salesperson stated no 14 day cooling off period. We haven't paid balance but company did say if we didn't pay it would be referred to debt collectors. Can we cancel?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you order over the phone / online?

How did you pay the deposit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We attended a presentation at their premises in Stirling and we paid deposit by credit card
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

OK - if you sign on premises then sadly there is no cooling off period.

If it was at a distance such as over the telephone or online then you would.

So technically unless its in the contract terms that you have 14 days cooling off period then you are bound.

But if the website doesnt work and you are suspicious then you could potentially cancel.

As the credit card company is jointly liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act you could potentially raise a dispute with them.

But technically you could be liable.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could Delivery failure for contact email address and the members section on their website being unavailable be grounds for cancellation?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

That may be breach of contract, but may not be enough to void and cancel.

You could try that but no guarantee. But if the whole purpose was access to this members section then it makes your argument stronger, as it defeats the whole purpose of it.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks - I think they will pursue for final payment even if they aren't able to deliver what was agreed. I can only try. Doris
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

They can't though Doris. They can only pursue if they are doing what is agreed!
Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks I will try breach of contract as the information we received and service expected can not be delivered at this time. I'll put in writing and send special delivery to their address
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Recorded delivery will be fine.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex