75100385

I work for an American carrier and on our way into, Ireland

Customer Question

I work for an American carrier and on our way into Dublin, Ireland on the 28 July, a passenger threw her luggage at me hitting me. The DAA police came, got both our stories came back & asked if I wanted to press charges but pretty much discouraged me from doing so by telling me to think about retaliation from the passenger and/or my company. I was injured & now having to go to physical therapy. I wanted to know if there is a timeframe window to press charges at the airport or if I was compelled to do it on the spot.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you want to press charges in the UK or ROI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ROI
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Under the Statute of Limitations, 1957 you have 6 years from the date of action to bring a claim.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/