75100385

My son was buying a flat and i offered to pay the £500

my son was buying a flat and i offered to pay the £500 search cost. i phoned their solicitors to make a payment and was told that i could secure my payment for £60 to protect my money if either parties pulled out, my son pulled out but they will not return my money as they say it was swollowed up with costs and that it was in the small print. i paid over the phone, i saw no small print
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you pay the £60 please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the same time i paid the £500
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If you were not aware of the terms then you are not bound by them.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your reply
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Happy to help. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex