75100385

A big company have accepted responsibility for injury my

A big company have accepted responsibility for injury my child due to faulty workmanship. They want to offer an out of court settlement but I have no idea how much compensation I should expect. My child was hospitalised with conclusion and checked by three Drs for head trauma and internal bleeding. No scans or over night stay needed. But 1st hospital said I needed a referral and had to go to a senior doctor. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the exact injury and prognosis for recovery please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was crushed under a 6ft larder unit. The furniture ombudsman has reported its their fault. She had signs of concussion. Bumps and cuts on both arms and legs. Was in hospital for 7 hours to monitor for brain trauma and internal bleeding. They let her home the same day with advice on how to look after head injuries. She made a full recovery but is now terrified of opening the kitchen cupboards.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

How long was the full recovery from date of injury?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roughly a week for all bruises to go
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Leave aside fear of opening cupboards as that is not a recognised injury

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She woke that night with stomach pains and we were told to monitor her for a week.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Claims are with reference to the Judicial College Guidelines for assessment of General Damages in Personal Injury cases 13th Edition.

This would fall in Chapter 13 Minor Injuries.

This says Where there is a complete recovery within 7 days a few hundred pounds to £580.

So at the very top end it would be £580

You can get this book off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guidelines-Assessment-General-Damages-Personal/dp/019875762X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470219420&sr=8-1&keywords=judicial+college+guidelines+13th+edition

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kitchen was £6400 they have offered me 1/4 of that value to put an end to it. I have no idea how much I should be happy to accept. I don't want to go to court
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I think that is reasonable given what I have said above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. That has been a big help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/