Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We recently moved into an apartment on High Street

We recently moved into an apartment on High Street Kensington for a two month lease while I have medical treatment. We were presented with a 29 page inventory that we were told we had to respond to within seven days. We thought the inventory was a bit excessive but went ahead with corrections.We responded on day two, the real estate company handling the lease responded on day four with a new inventory that contained none of our comments, alterations or corrections. How should we proceed?
David and Yvonne Whyte
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Hi David and Yvonne,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The inventory of course has to be agreed by both parties, ideally before the Lease is signed. On the basis that you are indeed already living there, I would suggest that you go back to the Agents and demand that your alterations are accepted, and keep a copy of the email/letter you send them. If they do not agree, then I suggest that you take photographs of every room, as evidence of what items are in the apartment. You should then email these to the Agent, and you then have visible evidence if a dispute arises at the end of the 2 month term.

I hope this assists.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi, can I assist any further? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing at the moment thank you. We re just keeping written copies of al our correspondence and will see what happens.

Thanks for your reply.

If I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al