How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Have just bought a 2 year old 1.6 Ford -Max (Auto). It only

Resolved Question:

Have just bought a 2 year old 1.6 Ford B-Max (Auto). It only had 8000 miles on clock from a large Ford dealership in Mansfield. Right from the start it was displaying a shuddering problem after it was traveling (warmed up). I have the car since 15th June and it is back in for the second time but they are getting nowhere. When I go on line I find there has been a problem with the 1.6 Automatic from day one as there are endless complaints. What are my rights to demand a refund in terms of the consumer protection act.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When did you buy it please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry for delay. car bought around 12th June
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Paid for in cash
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

What is the cost of putting it right?
How much did you pay and how many miles were on the clock?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I first complained a comment was made that they (Ford) were having problems with this Automatic gearbox. I have gone on line and now find endless problems from many owners going back to 2013. It would seen there is no solution!!!!. I payed 7750.00 and there was 8200m on clock. Very low mileage for a two year old car.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry paid
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does this 14 days relate to my purchase date, in which case I have missed the boat or from when does the 14 day period apply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello Alex are you still there?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

14 days from the date you send the letter

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks for your help. This gives me a way forward. Cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you