75100385

Have just bought a 2 year old 1.6 Ford -Max (Auto). It only

Have just bought a 2 year old 1.6 Ford B-Max (Auto). It only had 8000 miles on clock from a large Ford dealership in Mansfield. Right from the start it was displaying a shuddering problem after it was traveling (warmed up). I have the car since 15th June and it is back in for the second time but they are getting nowhere. When I go on line I find there has been a problem with the 1.6 Automatic from day one as there are endless complaints. What are my rights to demand a refund in terms of the consumer protection act.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When did you buy it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for delay. car bought around 12th June
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paid for in cash
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

What is the cost of putting it right?
How much did you pay and how many miles were on the clock?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first complained a comment was made that they (Ford) were having problems with this Automatic gearbox. I have gone on line and now find endless problems from many owners going back to 2013. It would seen there is no solution!!!!. I payed 7750.00 and there was 8200m on clock. Very low mileage for a two year old car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry paid
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this 14 days relate to my purchase date, in which case I have missed the boat or from when does the 14 day period apply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Alex are you still there?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

14 days from the date you send the letter

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help. This gives me a way forward. Cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex