75100385

I have designed a poster containing the statistical history

Customer Question

I have designed a poster containing the statistical history of my favourite premier league football team, I have not used their club badge but have used their club name and nickname and also referred to players and managers (for statistical purposes only) it
Is a factual chart more than anything. Would I be infringing any trademarks if I were to produce and sell these to the general public? I have acknowledged at the bottom that the wall chart is not associated with the football team in any way. Any advice would be appreciated.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you are not using any trademarks such as logos etc?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. This seems Ok. You can use the name but not anything trademarked like logo.

But that does not appear to be the case here.

So yes, its fine from what I have seen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is great news thank you. So am I OK to reproduce and sell these privately as they are without infringing any trademarks etc and the clubs cannot request me to stop producing them? I just want to make sure before I do go any further. Also would you suggest adding any additional footnotes to the charts to show that these are not affiliated with the club in any way? Thank you again.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is correct.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that does clarify and thank you again for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I finish, please could I ask for the file I attached to my discussion with you be removed as I don't wish for this to be publicly available as downloadable document incase it is replicated elsewhere. Thank you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, further to my query about using the Manchester United name on my wall charts, I have just found this page on the Manchetser United website about brand protection and that they have trade marked their club name (link below). Am I still OK to use their name on my wall chart even though they have trade marked it?
http://www*****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, I was wondering if you could respond to my last query about the trademarks of the football club in the link supplied and whether this causes any further issues for me? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, sorry to keep asking but I was just wondering if you could respond to my last question regarding my initial enquiry? Thanks.