29905560

I understand all that you have said as I have done a lot of

I understand all that you have said as I have done a lot of research myself. I have also quoted to the credit company (the car was bought on a Personal Contact Purchase) the Supply of Goods (Implied Terms) 1973 wherein I hold them they were responsible for the quality/durability of the item. At the point of sale we had no reason to think the car was not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose being a car bought from a Ford main dealer and from a worldwide reputable company. Our problem is the engine failed at low mileage with no warning whatsoever due to a faulty cylinder head or faulty cylinder head gasket. The credit company (Ford Credit Europe) claim that the missed service would have detected a problem. A view I (and Matt) do not agree with. When the engine failed my Daughter had a 3 year old and a 3 month old in the car and she was extremely alarmed, actually calling the fire brigade as she thought the car was on fire! My point has always been that the car proved not to be durable. As an aside Ford say that the coolant system does not need any attention for 10 years! but they now seem to be blaming my Daughter now that the engine failed at less than 3 and a half years.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Based on what you have described, what would be the ideal outcome for you all in this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The local Ford main dealer where the car has since April ! has said the car needs a new engine. That is what we want at no cost to ourselves
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify - there is no need to open a new question on this, instead please return to the original thread, leave your rating and then we can continue the discussion, thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies I find the website a little confusing
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok no problem, we can continue on here. As mentioned I can supply further information if what steps you actually need to take to try and resolve this, so what you can do to be proactive in the circumstances. In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you