75100385

My neighbour has repeatedly parked on my land over the last

My neighbour has repeatedly parked on my land over the last three years during building works. I wrote to him setting out he was trespassing and suggesting a commercial arrangement. He ignored that. I wrote to him again a year later stating he was trespassing and committing behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace. He ignored that. I recently wrote again, this time enclosing an invoice for historic parking charges. Can I enforce that invoice in court?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Over how many years are the parking charges please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3 years. I invoiced for £5k, he's parked there pretty much every day. I've got photographic evidence.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will a court find 5k reasonable? I haven't really lost anything
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

I cant say whether the Court would, it really depends on your Judge

But it would be a small claim anyway, so you can claim up to £10,000

Does that clarify? Alex