75100385

I recently started a clothing company and I ordered some

Customer Question

Hi, I recently started a clothing company and I ordered some products. It has been nearly four months and I still haven't received them, despite being told they would take around 6-8 weeks to arrive. I have tried contacting the manufacturer but I am unable to get through to him and it seems like he is just fobbing me off. What can I do now? It was quite a big amount of money I aid him too. Would I be able to get a refund?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much have you paid for the order please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid £1150 for the order
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

How did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid through a card payment. This payment was done in April this year
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You should also contact your card company as they may also be jointly liable under the Consumer Credit Act.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great news! thank you for all your help. Glad to have got some advice.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, another question for you. In regards ***** ***** same issue, I was expecting my hoodies to come around the first week of June, but I had in mind that they would arrive a bit later so I booked a photoshoot towards the end of June for which I placed a non refundable deposit. I also booked the same model for my hoodies and when the model came I had to pay him too. Would I be able to request a refund for these amounts too?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Only if they knew about this and the photoshoot

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not too sure if they knew about about the photoshoot or not. I may have mentioned it to him through text or whatsapp but my phone has been taken in for repairs and most likely they will wipe and delete all the data on it. If I am to get a backup of this will it be ok to request the refund? If not I could also get an invoice for the non refundable deposit that I lost. Would an invoice for the photoshoot be ok?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Invoice would be ok, but the clothing company MUST have been aware of it in order for you to claim that loss.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex