13262538

At school I had a 5 iq point deficit due to an illness- if i

Customer Question

quot;hi, at school I had a 5 iq point deficit due to an illness- if i want my marks to be adjusted - can i just add them on myself- regards, k"
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Which part of the UK are you in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What exactly is it that you wish to change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eton College:Junior Scholarship mark
King's Scholarship Mark
Marks whilst at school
GCSE grades
A level grades
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why do you think they need to be adjusted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I was diagnosed with an illness that affected my IQ
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I understand that - but why do you think that means that the marks can be changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because I was disagnosed later- at the time when I took it I didn't know about my illness
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I understand that but sadly that does not mean that the Marks can be changed.

You can if you wish retake your GCSEs and A Levels, or you can simply ensure that a letter setting out the medical position is always sent whenever you are asked to provide the records.

I am sorry - I am aware that you will be disappointed but sadly I have to tell you what the legal position is rather than what we might like it to be

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my Eton College Scholarship Maths- I scored 76- which is embarassing to me (even though I got the scholarship)- but through no fault of my own- can I write that I got 77 on my cv?. I realise that you can provide medical letters whenever you give a score on your cv- but if I write I got 76- theface value element is humiliating.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can write whatever you wish - but if you are found to have done it then it will do much more harm to your position than an historic mark which you perceive to be too low