13262538

Is it a legal requirement for a person applying for letter

Is it a legal requirement for a person applying for letter of authorisation in the admin of an estate to advise all beneficiaries within 7 days that they have applied and likewise to advise all beneficiaries within 7 days that they were successful
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Which part of the Uk are you in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Staffordshire
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then no I am afraid that someone applying for Letters of Administration is under no duty to notify the potential beneficiaries that they intend to apply - not when they have obtained it

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know where I picked this up from and maybe I am misinterpreting it !
Rule 60 APPLICATION FOR LETTERS OF AUTHORITY TO ADMINISTER ESTATE AND NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT(A) Notice of an application for appointment of administrator shall be served at least seven days prior to the date set for hearing. If there is no known surviving spouse or next of kin resident of the state, the notice shall be served upon persons designated by the court.(B) The administrator shall give notice of the appointment within seven days after the appointment to all persons entitled to inherit, including persons entitled to an allowance for support, unless those persons have been provided notice of the hearing on the appointment or have waived notice.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is from an American site where the law is different!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok many thanks