How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34025
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Do I have to give permission for my deceased sons body to be

Customer Question

Do I have to give permission for my deceased sons body to be moved from his home
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My son died alone in his flat,the police then arranged for my son to be moved by funeral director to the local hospital mortuary
I was not asked by anyone to attend the scene I am the father.
The police said they went to my daughters house to ask,but got no awnser.
So they went ahead and took my son to the local hospital she was down as next of kin.
My son was married but was divorced 2 years ago.
He was found dead in his home he is 39 years old on his sofa.
He was found on Wednesday 4th August 2pm a person called the anbulance then they called police.
We have not been asked to view the body.
he had a post mortem this morning at 10 am,the coroner phoned to say they are uncertain as to cause of death.
They will take up to 8 weeks for a toxicology report and will then have some result as to cause of death.
Should some ask us to view the body,and should we have been called to his home to see him before they removed him ?
Many thanks Peter
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my telephone number is ***** 861644
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am so very sorry for your loss

Since your son was over 18 there was no requirement for you to be notified prior to the removal of the body

Whilst you can ask to view the body again I am sorry but there is no requirement for you to be asked to do so - although I do wonder who confirmed the identification for them.

That is a question that you are entitled to ask

There are no words that can help in this situation - but please ask if you need further details

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions