Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I NEED TO GET TENANT EVICTED FROM PROPERTY, NONE PAYMENT OF

Customer Question

I NEED TO GET TENANT EVICTED FROM PROPERTY, NONE PAYMENT OF RENT. TENANCY AGREEMENT STARTED 16 MAY 2016 FOR 3MONTHS THEY PAYED 1 MONTHS RENT AND 1 MONTHS DEPOSIT THAT HAS BEEN REGISTERD . PAYED RENT ON THE 6 TH JUNE AND
PROMISED TO PAY RENT AT THE END OF JULY BUT NO MONEY RECIEVED
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What is the term of the tenancy and please confirm it is an AST?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE TERM IS 3 MONTHS TENANCY IS ENGLAND AND WALES FOR UNFURNISHED HOUSE OR FLAT AN ASSURED SHORT TENANCY
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, despite the non-payment of rent under the law you must still follow the formal procedure to evict the tenant. Firstly you will need to serve them with a valid Section 21 or Section 8 notice requiring possession that gives them 2 months clear notice to leave. If they do not leave by the time you will need to pursue an application to court to evict them. You can see the detailed guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants/overview

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHERE DO I FIND THE CORECT WORDING FOR SETION 21 OR THE FORM SO I CAN GIVE IT TO THE TENANAT
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You can check here for specific forms: http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/documents

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IF I DOWN LOAD AND FILL IN THE SECTION 21 FORM FROM THE INTERNET AND GIVE THIS TO THE TENANT OR PUT IT THROUGH THE LETTER BOX
IS THAT OK
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

You should post one to them and attempt to give them in person. If you have their email address you should also send it by email to ensure they dont allege non receipt

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO I GIVE THEM 2 MONTHS NOTICE OR 2 MONTHS AND 4 DAY
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Notice should give them 2 clear months to vacate - but to avoid getting the actual date wrong you should state:

“…the landlord requires possession after the date stated in this notice or at the end of the period of your tenancy which will end next after the expiration of 2 months from the service upon you of this notice”