Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

My GP is refusing to provide evidence requested by the Dr

Customer Question

My GP is refusing to provide evidence requested by the Dr for my US visa medical. My medical report will not be issued without this, meaning that I will not get a visa. What can I do?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

what is the information required, is it to do with your medical history.

Has the GP said why they are refusing to release the information?

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a letter is required to confirm specific details about my medical history.The GP said they are no longer allowed to write to private doctors

This is about getting the job done.

I would ask the GP what regulation / legislation prevents the release of the information.

However, I would also provide the surgery with a form of authority to release copies of your medical notes to the Visa doctor.

This avoids the GP from having to write a letter but gets the notes/information where it needs to be.

Best regards

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have agreed to give me copies of my notes however I specifically need a letter that provides the responses to specific questions that the visa medical dr has asked, including their professional opinion on my current state.

I wonder if the surgery either want a fee or are concerned about legal liability for the report and are concerned about whether they are covered.

What about simply instructing a doctor at a private hospital to do it. It will be quicker and very possibly cheaper than pursuing the surgery through a solicitor

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already told them that i expect to pay for the letter(s). I think that they are just blankly applying rules that do not apply here and do not want to backtrack on what they have said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blanketly not blankly!

I agree but they have not have a legal obligation to provide a letter so you cannot force them however unreasonable they are being.

Michael