13262538

My fiance was having a bank to bank transfer out of Scotland

Customer Question

My fiance was having a bank to bank transfer out of Scotland to my bank account in the US, for a contract payment for construction work he did in Turkey. He received notice that the transfer was being put on hold by IMF, until he purchased a clearance and tax certificate. The contract payment was 500k, and IMF of Scotland is saying the certificate is 3% of the 500K. I have never heard of such a thing..is there truth that IMF can put a hold on the transfer, until this certificate is purchased?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am sorry but there is no truth in any of this.

The IMF have no dealings with personal monies and banking.

They deal with Countries not individuals and would not be in the least bit interested in what is (by IMF standards) a very minor transaction.

However this does have all the hallmarks of an Advance fee scam

You can read more here

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/fraud-az-advance-fee-fraud

I am sorry to give bad news - please ask if you need further details