13262538

I wish to issue a writ against some vigilantes who entered

I wish to issue a writ against some vigilantes who entered my sons flat to confront a flat mate about some issues.... I have a video of them entering the property without being invited in. THis has left my son and his flat ate in a state of extreme distress and shock.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Which part of the UK does your son live in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sunderland .
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Were the police called?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they arrested the flat mate!!
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did the others leave?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they assaulted and battered the flat mate. TRespass is actionable per se isn't it... No damages required. This was a vigilante group ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They cornered the flat mate. Stopped him from leaving and tried to interrogate him....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have been posting this "raid, on FB giving out the address. To a closed group of 11k which has incited some vengeful comments and threats of retribution. FB as yet have declined to remove the post says no it doesn't infring community standards... I have appealed that .M son who lives in MY flat has nothing to do with this and is now terrified because of the threats.. the flat mate will report the assault. And hope the police will investigate . I however want to draft form N121 to scare the bejeebus out of them.... Need some guidance.. Do I need their addresses ? I don't know how these people are they have hidden their Identities behind privacy on websites etc... I also want an injunction to stop them publishing this video which they have taken down but put back up 3 times....
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

have they threatened to return

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few followers have been posting threatening and aggressive threats..
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How old is your son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20. The flat mate also....boy this is a long thread...
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You cannot make this applictaion - it would only be of use if they were "squatting" in the property - if they had entered and remained there which they have not.

Your son could potentially try for an Injunction using the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 - although more correctly it is his friend who could should apply.

IN general terms however it is for the police to protect them.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though no longer trespassing are ther no civil remedies available?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No I am afraid it is just the Protection form Harassment Act

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I issue a prohibitory writ to prevent posting the video?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

NO I am afraid not

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks