Claim on injury

Customer Question

claim on injury
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear Alex
I run a Bar
In October last year, a lady cut her foot in the bar, I have recieved a letter from her Lawyer to admit the claim, the letter say that a glass went through her shoe to her foot, the problem is my insurance wasn't valid at the time, I was going to just except the libality but I'm really worried they will ask for a huge amount of money, in the letter she says she hasn't lost a days work, they sueing me for cutting her foot,not having first aid box ready, failing to remove the broken glass. Im in a dilemma. I have until the 11th to except or deny liability.
What you advice in this case please?
I can't get legal advice as the costs will go through the rough on both side.
How much do you think they will ask from me? The company is limited, I'm even thinking of closing the company down, if I do can they go after the director? Will it effect my credit history? I hope you can help. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

What was the injury and how long did it take them to recover please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She cut her foot, in the claim form it says she requested medical attention, but it also mentioned that she lost 0 days of work
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

What is the prognosis period?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am guessing I have to ask for a medical report for that? At the moment they just want us either to except or deny liability
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

I understand, but whether you admit or deny may be down to prognosis.

If its for example a 6 month injury you may wish to accept liability as its a low value claim.

If its 6 months it would be a claim for £3000.

Costs are limited according to the fixed costs protocol for personal injury cases.

If you are Limited then it wont affect your credit history and they can NOT go after you personally.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please tell me what do I do? How can I find out about prognosis? Do I ask them about it, the injury took place on the 18 of October, also can they go after my personal assets if I close the company down, dissolve it? (not getting bankrupt) will it effect my future company on the same premises?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 months ago.

You ask for the medical report/prognosis period.

If you close the company down and its Ltd, no they can NOT come after you.