Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I was married in Italy and we chose if divorced separate

Customer Question

I was married in Italy and we chose if divorced separate ownership of goods. We now live in Uk and I wondered if we divorced in uk or Italy could this be over ruled the agreed "separate ownership of goods"?
Sent from my iPad liv
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are there other countries in the world where pre nups are the strongest please to get married - these are hypothetical questions atm
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
England plse
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any news please ?
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming, I am not sure of Italian law if you were to pursue a divorce there, however, in England a pre-nuptial agreement is not fully binding and English courts have the power to overlook such agreements if the needs of either party are not met in the event of a divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.