13262538

My brother, sister and I inherited my fathers house on his

My brother, sister and I inherited my fathers house on his death. My brother and sister wish to keep the house and I would like to use my share to buy my own property. What options do I have? william.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Has the house now been transferred into your joint names?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I answered your question as "Yes"Do you need more?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Where more than one person owns a property it is held on a "trust for sale"

This Trust can be ended at any time (unless there is a separate Trust deed stating otherwise).

Accordingly you should write a formal letter to your siblings telling them that you wish to have the property sold and inviting them to purchase your share if they wish to retain the property.

You should warn them that if they refuse to agree to the sale then you will have no option but to apply to the Court for an Order for Sale.

Such an applictaion will be successful - and you will be able to claim costs from them

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details