Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have filed a defence on the 28th day after receiving a

Customer Question

I have filed a defence on the 28th day after receiving a summons for monies owing.
The claimant obtained judgement on the 28th day, the last day I was entitled to file my defence.
Can i apply to have the judgement set aside and how do I go about it.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Yes you can apply to set aside the claim - the threshold for doing this is very low - you just need to show under Civil Procedure Rule 13.3 that you have a real prospect of sucessfully defending the claim - basically that you have a defence. You need to file form N244 at the court where the Judgment came from and say on the form you are applying to have the judgment set aside under CPR 13.3

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/forms - you can find the form here.

Can I assist any further?

Kind regards AJ