75100385

I was found with a small roles of in Manchester Airport.

I was found with a small roles of weed in Manchester Airport. Police took all my information and said a criminal record will be creature against my name but allowed me to travel to India with strict warning. I was on a short term work visa in UK and my visa has expired. Is there any way to clear this criminal record while being in India via online?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have any other offences? Were you given a caution to the offence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, Sorry did not have net connection to reply to you. I have no other offence and yes I was given a caution to the offence. They informed a reference number of police record lodged in the local police station . My company is going to apply Work Permit Tie 2 ICT long term visa on my name in coming few months. I was concerned if this will be rejected straight forwad because of this issue and I will be denied entry into UK any further.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sadly if you had a caution then you must have accepted the offence. You can't be given a caution unless you Accept it.

Therefore sadly it will show when you apply for a visa. It's very rare to get this removed as you accepted the offence.

There is only one possible way via the exceptional procedure but this is very rare. For more information please see

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/430095/Record_Deletion_Process.pdf

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex, I just need a few more clarifications. I read through the document and it is a complicated procedure. In summary, can you provide me a solution or an approximate penalty fees that will clear my this record from my information or any other work around that will hasten the visa processing to consider this record in low priority to allow me work permit? Or any number of cooling period years that I need to stoop down from applying for visa unless this record's effect is neutralized for UK government to accept me as working candidate once again? I had rang the Claiming officer in Manchester when he specified this petty crime do not affect my organizational values towards me, but he could not tell the consequences in future visa processing for me.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes its complicated. You either need to apply to the force directly or seek a Judicial Review.
Either way is going to cost you a few thousand pounds. Sadly I cant be instructed but you can get a High Street Solicitor to help prepare any necessary application to the Police.

But the Police would not know what the consequences would be for a visa. If you accepted the offence and it appears that you do because you had the weed, then a caution is appropriate.

If you had denied it, the matter would have been referred to Court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just another question, will this criminal record affect my visa applications in other european or other countries? Or will it only affect my UK entry in future? And that question how many years will it take for the clearance of this record from my name if left with no action?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No, it makes no difference outside the EU.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;Makes no difference" as in will not impact my visa applications to countries out of EU? but will this record affect my visa application status in EU countries other than UK?
how many years will it take for the clearance of my name from this criminal record if left with no action?
These questions will clarify everything I needed to know.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No it does not affect your Visa outside the UK.

This will always be on your record when they do a search in the UK

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alex , these all clarify my doubts.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance! Alex