75100385

I missed a payment on my car without knowing it had

I missed a payment on my car without knowing it had occurred. two weeks ago I received a card through the door with a number to ring. I was told that my car was going to be repossessed on August 17th if I didn't make a full payment of £12050.32p. I don't have that money. The problem was that I had moved house but only given the change of address to the motor dealer not the car finance people . Payments have continued to come out of my account monthly since the one missed payment so I assumed there was no problem.
is there any way I can arrange to keep my car without having to pay this large sum . I also have concerns what this will do to any credit ratings I have.
Frank Berry
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Frank my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How many payments have you made please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made payments of a £7000 deposit (car exchange) and further payments of £188.98 since 6 10 2014 up to current date without whatever the missed payment was. I stopped my payments last week as I felt sure there was not going to any chance I could keep the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the £188.98 payments are monthly
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

So how many payments out of how many? Number of rather than value?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have made my full payments of £i88'98 since September 2014 that is 23 x £188.98 + £7000 deposit. Checking my account it would look like two payments were missed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long before I will get a reply?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

How many payments are left?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were originally 36 months of payment so that would leave another 12 months to pay. Could you please just give me a way of being able to keep the car without having to pay oot this lump sum of £12030
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Was it an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - they will need to apply to the Court for return of the car.

At Court you can ask to repay the arrears over the remaining term.

If the Judge accepts this you get to keep the car and not make the huge £12k payment.

So wait until they apply to Court for return then seek an order that collection is suspended, pending these payments.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would I know if they have already applied to the court? J C A associates seem adamant they can come around next Wednesday 17th and just take the car. Would I need to arrange the court or would they have done so?
Frank
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes you would be notified. They can ONLY take the car with a Court order.

But there would be a hearing and you would know.

Does that clarify? Alex