Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

Where to send court application for enforcement of a

Where to send court application for enforcement of a tribunal award against a company (form N322A)?
To the court closest to the registered office (found in Companies House) or place of business?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for you question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you, you will have to send the application notice to the court to be issued and then to the Company registered office as detailed at Companies House (not to the place of business, you can send it here for information purposes, but it must go to the registered office as well). Have you issued the enforcement notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not yet issued any notice. I have received an award which has not been payed.
Do I need to issue an enforcement notice like a 'Letter before Action'?Is the following correct?
Step 1: Send the N322A form to the court closest to the registered office address (address also written in N322A).
Step 2: Send the returned judgment to the registered office.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you. Those are the correct steps - Does the award have a deadline for payment? I would warn the company that if they do not pay with in the deadline you reserve the right to take any enforcement action without further notice. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The award had a deadline for payment 15 days ago, which was 10 + 10 days after the decision (two periods, the second together with a penalty). The company has been expelled from the tribunal body because of the non-payment and, as stated in the decision, I am free to seek enforcement further through the legal process.Thus, please answer the last question:
Do I have to send an enforcement notice before taking further action?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. You do not need to send a letter before action style notice before taking further action. It is your right to take enforcement proceedings against a Judgment/Award from a tribunal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic thank you. You solved more questions than I thought I had.