13262538

My Ex partner and father of my child has recently obtained a

My Ex partner and father of my child has recently obtained a court order to take our daughter to the USA for 4 months. Part of the conditions of that order are that
1 He must give proof of travel insurance
2 He must give proof of innocculations
3 He must give proof of where he will be staying in the USA.
He did provide these before his departure however I have recently learned that he has now taken our daughter on a month long road trip from East coast to West coast. He therefore will not be residing at the address previously given. Is this permissible or in contempt of court as it falls outside of the conditions laid down in the order?
Sonia
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are you able to attach a copy of the court order using the paperclip icon please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not right now Im afraid, I am at work so dont have access to it.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You are entitled to know where your child is staying and clearly she is now travelling.

However the key is proportionality.

Ye sit is a breach - no it would not amount to contempt of court - you can however use it as an example of hist disregard for the court in any future application

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.