13262538

1)Which countries in the world can British man man and

Customer Question

1)Which countries in the world can British man man and Ukraine lady be married and have the choice to not share their individual weath with each other in the event of divorce?
1.1) Also which country's have strongest pre nups?
1.2) Can these pre nups and decision to not share ones wealth in potential divorce then be over ruled by British court if a future divorce occurs?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

It is not about where the marriage takes place - it is about where any divorce takes place.

If the divorce takes place in the Uk then the UK court has the power to ignore ANY pre-nup if the Judge does not believe it make proper provision for the spouses or any children

The strongest pre-nup in these circumstances would be one prepared and entered into in the Ukraine which is where the Lady comes from.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how generous would the terms of that Ukrainian prenup need to be to be valid in either the uk or Ukraine courts ?Presumably somewhere between 0 to 50 percent of my properties, pension and cumulated savings?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

That depends on so many things - including what assets she has any provision for children.

However if it is in line with what would happen in Ukraine it will be easier to defend