12826847

I'm an IT contractor and was offered a 6month contract by.

Customer Question

I'm an IT contractor and was offered a 6month contract by Reed. It took 9 weeks from the offer date to get a start date with the contract (met police) . During this time I lost earnings of around 12k. On the start date I arrived and there was no staff pass, no induction pack, no access to the email or internal system. I wasn't able to move around without another person escorting me. Eventually after a week I had the tools I needed to go in and out of the buildings but still no email. I got that about 10 days in. After another week I was already booked , and I had advised , throughout the 9 week wait that I had a holiday coming up for 17 days. They were OK about this and said don't worry... Whilst on holiday the Agency called me to say the met had terminated my contract! There was no disccussion and no compensation at all. Surely this is not allowed. Playing with people's livelihoods and income? I'd like to sue the agency or possibly met police HR... I just don't know where the instruction to end my contract has come from. What do I do??
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Did you have a contractual notice for termination of the contract?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by telephone and then by email.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and how long was that notice period entitlement?