12826847

I received notice of a speeding ticket in May and replied

Customer Question

I received notice of a speeding ticket in May and replied same day to confirm I was the driver.As I had heard nothing and was going on holiday I phoned ticket office on 17/06/2016 .to check if they had received my confimation.They said yes they had but that I had a previous offence committed on 11/03/2016 which I knew nothing about.They had clearly omitted to notify me but said they would send me details that day(some 3 monthes and six days after alleged offence)I was offered a speed awareness course for second offence which I am going to do this Friday 12/08/2016 but have offered me a fixed penalty for the offence in March now some 5 monthes after the event.I had just bought this van and had given it to a mechanic for a "look over" but there is no way now of checking the date and I simply cannot rememder.It was quite obvious from conversation with the clerk in the ticket office they had forgotten to inform me of the first offence.Where do I Stand.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

This is your personal vehicle I presume?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is there any reason you cannot say who was driving then? I realise it was sometime ago but we can all ascertain who was driving our personal vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was in all probability me.I just feel they were out of time notifying me .Some 5 Monthes after the event I certainly cannot remember it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, but the law requires you to investigate.

If you did so, why could you not say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It could only have been me or the mechanic.I would not be prepared to blame him without knowing for sure.My big crib is the time lapse before informing me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I understand. Why could you not ascertain who was driving? I know you won't know offhand. Why can you not investigate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Take it as read I was the Driver.I just need guidance as to not being notified for 3 monthes plus .Now alleged offence is 5 monthes plus.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What is the date of the offence and the date of the original NIP?