13262538

Please confirm that Letters of Administration have to be

Customer Question

Please confirm that Letters of Administration have to be obtained not Probate in the case of no Will and that an Administrator has to be appointed
If there are 3 brothers involved who decides on the Administrator and if it's 1 of them he must have the others consent on all decisions made ?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Where there is no Will you are correct - it is Letters of Administration that need to be obtained.

Any one of the brothers can apply for it - it is a matter of who applies first.

However if the other brothers object to his actions then they can also obtain Letters of Administration and then everything will have to be done jointly

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
One of the brothers gained access to their late mother's bank account without having obtained L of A or his brothers' permission Surely that was illegal?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What did they take from the account