13262538

I live in brough of newham with my wife and 2 kids 4 years

Customer Question

Hi there I live in brough of newham with my wife and 2 kids 4 years and 3 month. We have been served with an eviction notice by the court. I have contacted my local council and they will help us out. My question is that I have a friend living in Camden council property ( we have a small business in Camden borough for last 2.5 years ) who is planning to move to Scotland for goods. Would it be possible for us to take that property from them? Can we ask Camden council for house swap? Baring in mind that we r still living in same house waiting for bailiffs ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Why are you being evicted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I don't have tenancy agreement. We moved in with a friend who had an agreement with landlord we were pay rent to my friend
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that you cannot simply move into the property that your friends will be leaving - you will have to go through their emergency accommodation process

I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that but is it possible to swap a house once we have been given a house even if our house will belong to a private landlord? By the way My friends property belongs to council
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

No I am afraid you can only swap council properties for other council properties

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask Camden council for housing help even though I live in newham? Our small business is based in Camden council since 2013
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can ask - they do not have to prioritise you