75100385

I am preparing an appeal against a decision made in county

Customer Question

I am preparing an appeal against a decision made in county court. I have read the guidance related to appeal but I am not entirely sure which court to place the appeal to. My case was heard by Chelmsford county court by a District Judge. Do I appeal to Southend appeal center?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have permission to appeal yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't get leave to appeal from the judge at the hearing so I am requesting leave from the appeal court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need to know anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to have a call with you. Are you able to carry on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
via message I mean
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - you just send the Appellants form back to your local County Court.

They will forward it to your local Appeal centre.

It will be transferred to the Designated Civil Judge who will consider the appeal on the papers.

But in the first instance send it back to your local County Court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex. I was worried that you did not get my messages. Yes if I may ask, my local county court means the county court in which the hearing took place is that right?
Also, I have not yet received the confirmation of the judgement for the County Court in question albeit the judge hearing the case stated that I had 15 days to appeal from the date of the judgement. Without the judgement in question I am not able to file an appeal so how can I get form N460 Completed? I am concerned that the clock is ticking on this.
Many thanksTania
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

In the top right corner of the Court documents it will say: In the County Court at: xxxxx

That is the Court which you send the documents to.

You have 21 days to lodge a appeal, so give it a little bit of time. Or you can call the Court and ask when you will get the court order.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Alex I am not sure I understand. My question was "my local county court means the county court in which the hearing took place is that right?" - So my hearing was held in Chelmsford therefore my appeal notice will need to be send to Chelmsford in the first instance. Is that correct?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Not necessarily. Look at the notice which orders the hearing.

In the top right if it says at the County Court in Chelmsford then yes, this is the correct Court

Does that clarify? Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.