Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My divorce was granted on the 28th of October 2015. My

Hi, my divorce was granted on the 28th of October 2015. My settlement is £20000 for myself I have two children and their settlement is £12,200 each to be paid on a certain birthday. I didn't go for half of the family home because both the kids live there with their mother and the new man. My ex-wife has only paid me £10000. My worry is the kid's money and the rest of mine. I made my claim on the original perches prize of the house which was £90,000 and now its worth £500,000. Me getting Multiple sclerosis and her infidelity ended the marriage. I thought I was being fair and keeping the kids out of it was my main priority. I should have gone for the half, ill health and the kids stopped me from doing that. Any advice would be apricated.
Regards: Terry Whiting Email***@******.***
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was the financial settlement approved by the court and was it made by consent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is ordered by consent with effect from decree absolute
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately, if the consent order has been approved by the court you will not be able to apply to vary a lump sum settlement unless you are able to prove that there was fraud or misrepresentation by the other party that would have led to a materially different outcome than the one reached.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi she is not paying me. I thought she is supposed to settle with in 56 days of the decree absolute . I'm worried about the kids money if she's not paying me. What guarantee Is there going to be she will pay the kids. It's part of the divorce settlement .
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks - are you able to attach the order using the paperclip icon so that I can consider this?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have received £10.000. i know i should have gone half. The kids still live with her. It wouldent been fair on them.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. The court has specifically ordered for him to transfer the property to you within 56 days and upon transfer to pay you the lump sum of £20,000. If this has not been done then you would need to apply to court for enforcement of the order using form D11 and a £155 court fee to the family court.

If he does not comply with the lump sums for the children then you would need to follow the same procedure in the future.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.